Molybdenum Disulfide is commonly used as solid film lubricants. Because of the weak atomic interaction between sulfide anions and strong covalent bond between molybdenum, it shows lubricating property. The coating of dry film MoS2 is helpful in reducing the wear and tear that can occur because of the friction between two surfaces. This lubricant can operate in high-speed condition and temperature up to 600 degree Fahrenheit.
Benefits of Dry Film MoS2 Lubricant Coating:
- This low friction coating helps in preventing the damage caused by moisture, grease, oils and dust. This makes it suitable for marine applications as well.
- This long-lasting lubricant shows good resistance to corrosion, oxidation and evaporation. Even the equipment has not been in use for a long time, the quality of the lubricant remains same.
- The coating of this lubricant prevents rusting process.
- When it comes to plastics and metals, this lubricant provides non-inflammable and non-staining protection.
- Dry film MoS2 lubricant also helps in noise reduction.
- Dismantling of different parts of a machine is also easy with this lubricant.
- The load bearing capability of this lubricant is very high.
- The frictional torque reduces after applying the coat of this lubricant.
Applications of Dry Film MoS2 lubricant
There are various methods of applying the coating of this lubricant such as rubbing, spraying, physical vapor deposition, and impingement with organic or inorganic binder.
The coating of this lubricant can be done on two-stroke engines, Ski wax, tire molds or segments, CV and universal joints, valves of sliding gates, and crane pins. It also has automotive application where it reduces noise and vibration. This significantly increases reliability, driving comfort and overall performance.
If you are searching for this dry film MoS2 lubricant at budget-friendly prices, then you may place the order at Technical Beacons for Trading.